EATSA – ATFF will be structured into three parallel sections:
a) Promotional Films – This section will include ﬁlms produced for a speciﬁc client (DMO, companies or other organisations) and their goal is to promote a given product, service or territory. Their general proposal is to get a persuasive impact on audiences, seducing them.
b) Educational Films – The main proposal of educational ﬁlms is to disseminate new ideas or share some knowledge among audiences, and usually, they are part of more general communication programmes. They can serve as educational tools for school or professional education or introduce an innovative process in society or a speciﬁc industry.
c) Documentaries & TV Reports – These are usually ﬁlms created by independent producers or by television channels with the primary objective of informing on a given topic. These ﬁlms can be both apologetic and critical of a given phenomenon. In the ﬁeld of tourism, documentaries play a useful role, like the fact that they are independent productions gives them the critical distance that allows them to expose negative situations that need correction.
Each of the three sections (Promotional, Educational and Documentary) can include films of any of the formats and focus on any of the themes listed below.
• Commercials (up to 1’)
• Advertising Campaigns
• Promotional Videos (up to 15’)
• Animation Films
• Corporate Videos
• Short Documentaries (up to 30’)
• Documentaries (up to 90’)
• TV Programs
• Independent Travel Videos (up to 25’)
• Arts & Creativity | Films about Art Festivals, Fine Arts (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture), Visual Arts, Plastic Arts, Decorative Arts, Performance Arts, Applied Arts, Biographies of Artists, Art and Culture, Others.
• Music & Dance | Concerts and Music Festivals, Documentaries about all kinds of music genres (African, Asian, Avant-garde, Blues, Caribbean, Country, Electronic, House, Flamenco, Fado, Folk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B and Soul, Rock) and films about all kinds of dance genres (Ballet, Modern, Hip-hop, Ballroom, Folk Dance, Musical Theatre, Cabaret, Screen Dance); documentaries about the History of Music Bands, Biographies of Musicians, Others.
• Culture & Heritage | UNESCO Heritage (World Heritage sites; Immaterial World Heritage; Biosphere Reserves), Cultural Heritage, History & Heritage, Cultural events, Museums & Exhibitions, Heritage Interpretation, Ethnography and Society, Native Communities, Biographies, Legends and Rituals, Religion and Religious Practices.
• Tourism Destinations | Cities; Regions; Countries; Film Locations.
• Tourism Products | Cultural Tourism, Religious tourism, Mountain Tourism, Rural Tourism; Gastronomic Tourism; Ecotourism; MICE; Medical Tourism; Wellness Tourism, Wine Tourism; etc.
• Tourism Services | Hotels & Resorts; Restaurants; Tourist Recreation; Tour Operators; Sightseeing; etc.
• Adventure & Expeditions | Long-distance Trails; Pilgrimages; Routes; Trekking.
• Sports & Leisure | Active Tourism; Hallmark Sporting Events; Climbing, Mountaineering, Mountain Biking, Extreme Sports; etc.
• Environment and Ecology | Nature and Wildlife; Preservation of Biodiversity.
• Sustainable Tourism Issues | Corporate Social Responsibility; Ecolabels; Tourism Certification; Tourism Planning; Eco-mobility; Waste Reduction; Community-based Tourism; Best Pratices in Tourism Management.
• Innovation in Tourism | “Smartness” in Tourism, Apps for Tourism, Augmented Reality in Tourism.