The competition is open to audio-visual productions produced in the following institutional contexts and competitive sections:
a) Educational: Videos produced in the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 academic years, in academic learning context, as part of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral programme. In this case, the proponent author(s) must identify the program and the respective professor;
b) Research: videos produced in the context of field studies or as the final output of research programs. In this case, the proponent author(s) must identify the research unit, the research project and the name of the lead researcher.
c) Internship: videos produced in the context of coursework internships (bachelor’s or master’s degree). In this case, the proponent author(s) must identify the internship’s provider, the bachelor’s or master’s degree course, as well as the internship’s advisor.
Each of the three sections (Educational, Research and Internship) can include films of any of the formats and focus on any of the themes listed below.
• Commercials (up to 1’)
• Promotional Videos (up to 3’)
• Animation Films
• Short Documentaries (up to 15’)
• Arts & Creativity | Films about Art Festivals, Fine Arts (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture), Visual Arts, Plastic Arts, Decorative Arts, Performance Arts, Applied Arts, Biographies of Artists, Art and Culture, Others.
• Music & Dance | Concerts and Music Festivals, Documentaries about all kinds of music genres (African, Asian, Avant-garde, Blues, Caribbean, Country, Electronic, House, Flamenco, Fado, Folk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B and Soul, Rock) and films about all kinds of dance genres (Ballet, Modern, Hip-hop, Ballroom, Folk Dance, Musical Theatre, Cabaret, Screen Dance); documentaries about the History of Music Bands, Biographies of Musicians, Others.
• Culture & Heritage | UNESCO Heritage (World Heritage sites; Immaterial World Heritage; Biosphere Reserves), Cultural Heritage, History & Heritage, Cultural events, Museums & Exhibitions, Heritage Interpretation, Ethnography and Society, Native Communities, Biographies, Legends and Rituals, Religion and Religious Practices.
• Social Issues | Social inequality, minority rights, gender discrimination, sexual or ethnic identity, etc.
• Environment & Ecology | Nature and Wildlife; Preservation of Biodiversity.
• Tourism Destinations | Cities; Regions; Countries; Film Locations.
• Tourism Products | Cultural Tourism, Religious tourism, Mountain Tourism, Rural Tourism; Gastronomic Tourism; Ecotourism; MICE; Medical Tourism; Wellness Tourism, Wine Tourism; etc.
• Tourism Services | Hotels & Resorts; Restaurants; Tourist Recreation; Tour Operators; Sightseeing; etc.
• Adventure & Expeditions | Long-distance Trails; Pilgrimages; Routes; Trekking.
• Sports & Leisure | Active Tourism; Hallmark Sporting Events; Climbing, Mountaineering, Mountain Biking, Extreme Sports; etc.
• Sustainable Tourism Issues | Corporate Social Responsibility; Ecolabels; Tourism Certification; Tourism Planning; Eco-mobility; Waste Reduction; Community-based Tourism; Best Pratices in Tourism Management.
• Innovation in Tourism | “Smartness” in Tourism, Apps for Tourism, Augmented Reality in Tourism.